Starting this month, Sealed Mindset Training will be branching out from parent company Range Systems. While we'll maintain our close relationship, this leaves me free to put all my energy into what I love best: developing content and sharing it, online and through classes.
Here’s what this means for you:
- More classes, seminars, and private training. We’ll be holding classes twice a week now: Mondays at Range Systems and Thursdays at the Osseo Gun Club. The class schedule is outlined below. We’ll also be hosting seminars at least once a month where we’ll cover information you won’t find anywhere else, in a fun, non-intimidating environment. And I recommend private training for one-on-one time to hone in on your specific shooting challenges and how to take it to the next level. Eventually we hope to begin classes at other ranges, taught by Warrior Mindset instructors, making it easy for you to find a convenient time and location to train.
- More content and more tools. Not only will I continue to provide newsletters, tips, firearms training, Drills of the Week, and instructional videos, but I’ll start weaving in information about fitness and knife skills I've learned as co-owner of Defensive Fitness, a gym in Hopkins, MN. Citizen Defenders rarely get by with just a quick draw and good aim. The more physically functional you are, the better your chance of survival in a violent encounter, and being proficient with tools like knives and empty hand techniques will round out your complete defensive system.
- New name. In the coming weeks we will transition from Sealed Mindset Training toDefensive Mindset Training. We’ve come a long way from our original Navy Seal roots, and I feel the new name better represents the full range of training we offer. I will begin the transition as soon as I work through how to maintain the online momentum developed under the SMT name (Know anyone who’s an expert on this? Please contact me!) and update the logo (Any graphic designers in the audience? Let me know!). You will continue to be able to locate us using the existing Sealed Mindset links, but I will begin directing you to www.defensivemindsettraining.com as we approach the end of the year.
That's just a hint of all the great things coming in coming in the next few months as we complete this transition and adjust to the new schedule. Please reach out to me with input as we work together to defend America, by training one person, one family, and one community at a time.
Below is the upcoming class schedule for the rest of October. I look forward to seeing you in one or more classes.
New Weekly Training Schedule
Monday Nights at Range Systems in New Hope, MN, starting October 16.
- 6:00 pm - Foundations Handgun
This course will take beginning students through core critical skills for using a handgun for personal security. From Shooting Fundamentals to Immediate Actions, Foundations student will develop the core skills they need to defend themselves with a concealed firearm. This class is unlike other firearms classes you may have taken, offering expert training from day one for those with decades of experience, or who have never before lifted a handgun. After attending his first class, a former US Army MP remarked: "Within minutes of arriving I quickly discovered a lot of flaws in my technique and equipment choices... in a basic fundamentals class."
- 7:30 pm - Advanced Handgun
The possibilities with Advanced Handgun training are endless. From Room Clearing to Low Light to Retention, this training class will take your handgun skills to the top level. Because of the rigor of this material, the Advanced Handgun class is limited to invitation only, since all students in the class must be capable of the Foundational skills necessary to participate in the drills and materials. I hope all Foundations students are able to progress to the Advanced Class!
Thursday Nights at Osseo Gun Club in Osseo, MN, starting October 26.
- 5:30 pm - Foundations Handgun
This is the same course offered Mondays at Range Systems. Come to whichever one fits best within your schedule - or come to both and your skills improve twice as fast.
- 7:00 pm - Foundations Rifle
NEW! By popular demand, we’ll begin training defensive rifle. The Modern Sporting Rifle or AR15 is the most popular and most effective home defense tool in existence. The AR15 is a simple and powerful defensive tool and we have as much curriculum for the rifle as we do for the handgun. Come to this class to see your rifle skills massively improve.
October Seminar at Range Systems in New Hope, MN
Terror Trauma Seminar - Emergency Medical Training
October 28, 2017, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Jeff Hunt, SMT student and Emergency Medicaid Technician (EMT) will join me in hosting this class at the New Hope training facility. The multitude of mass casualty events over the last several years demonstrate the need for Defenders to know the foundational skills of trauma medicine. It is imperative to know how to use a tourniquet, pressure dressing and occlusion dressing to save lives - including your own. This seminar is vastly different from other medical seminars, as it will run you through lifelike scenarios where you'll need to act quickly, including providing immediate trauma medicine to YOURSELF. Even if you've learned basic CPR and First Aid, you've never seen a medical training event like this.
Click below to learn more and register. This seminar is limited to just 20 students so reserve your spot now.