This training session is designed to take beginners and develop their defensive handgun skills to a highly proficient level. The class runs on a 16 week rotation, but is designed for students to begin anywhere. Whether you have ever shot or operated a handgun before or if you've done a bit of shooting in the past, or if you've just gotten your Permit to Carry and really want to develop serious defensive skills, this is the class for you.
Most student will go through this class weekly for six months or more. When the students are ready to test out of Foundations they will be able to perform these skills, to a high standard, under stress:
- Perform high level Shooting Fundamentals, capable of placing rounds on target accurately and without common handgun shooting errors like flinching or crushing
- Concealment Draws on targets in live fire and sim scenario
- Dynamic Weapon Positions to move with the firearm out of the holster while maintaining proper Muzzle and Trigger
- Conduct Immediate Actions to get a stopped firearm up and running as quickly as possible while maintaining 100% defense including Emergency Reloads, Soft Malfunctions, and Hard Malfunctions
- Utilize a complete system of Deterrence to communicate to threats that you are a potentially lethal threat in both live fire and
This training session is designed to take students with a solid foundation of defensive handgun operation to the next level. The Advanced Class works through complicated skills and tactical application that Defenders may encounter. The Advanced Class, theoretically goes on forever with an unlimited number of topics, skills, and drills to help you as a Defender join the elite of handgun operators.
An Advanced Student will eventually be able to:
- Engage in retention shooting from contact to 15 ft
- Utilize flashlights and night sights for low light encounters
- Deploy and utilize multiple defensive tools such as edged and impact weapons
- Conduct tactical movement such as Room Clearing, Cover/Concealment, and working with a partner
- Engage in precision pistol work up to 100 yards
- Engage multiple threats and the transitions between them
- Flow between shooting positions depending upon the range of the threat to the Defender
- Utilize Primary or Support hand only shooting techniques if one limb has been disabled
- Engage in security techniques for protecting family in lethal encounters
- and much much more!